The protection of your privacy is very important to us! We do not sell or rent your personal information. All data will be collected, stored and otherwise processed by us in accordance with the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation No. 2016/679, other legal provisions, and will not be passed on to third parties, unless we are legally obliged to do so, this is necessary for the provision of our services or you have expressly agreed to the passing on of your data.
However, the services offered by us via the Website and/or App (collectively: “Platform”) can only function if we collect, store, transmit, delete and/or otherwise use (“process” or “handle”) certain personal data relating to you. Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data”), such as your name, date of birth, address and e-mail address.
Certain services on our platform are offered by third parties. When using these services, the data protection regulations of the third party providers apply in addition to this data protection declaration. It is possible that the third party providers may ask you to give your consent in terms of data protection before using the services
2 . Which of your data we process
2.1 Accessing the website and the app
When you call up the website or app, we process the following data (log files) – even if you are not logged in as a member on the website:
– the IP address of your terminal device
– the browser used by your device
– the content and URLs you have accessed
– the date and time of the calls.
When accessing the app via mobile devices, the following log file data is also recorded when using the PlantsForFriends app:
– The device type and manufacturer of your mobile device
– the operating system used by your mobile device (iOS, Android).
Without your express consent, we will use the personal data referred to in this clause, in particular the IP address, only (i) to the extent necessary to provide our services and/or (ii) for security purposes, in particular to prevent cyber attacks (e.g. “data scraps”, “denial of service attacks”) and unauthorized multiple registrations.
2.2 Registration as a member
In order to use the services of our platform, especially to trade via the platform, to use the electronic payment system, or to give ratings and communicate with other members, you need a PlantsForFriends account. To do so, you must register as a member on the website or in the app. If you have a Facebook or Google account, you can also register with one of these accounts.
(a) Registration via your Facebook or Google account
If you register via your Facebook or Google account, you will be redirected from our website or app to the Facebook or Google websites, where you will be asked to enter your Facebook or Google account login information. In the event that you enter your Google Log-in information, PlantsForFriends will receive the following information about your Google Account from Google:
– Profile picture
– First name
– Last name
– E-mail address
After entering your Facebook log-in data, you can choose on the Facebook website whether, in addition to your
– Public Profile (especially member name, gender, profile picture)
any other of your Facebook data will be passed on to us, i.e.
– Friend List and/or
– e-mail address.
Please note that all the above Facebook data is selected while retaining the default settings. By clicking on the “Continue as …” button, you agree that your selected Facebook information will be submitted to ForFriends – digital creative agency.
We use the information received from Facebook or Google to set up your account with PlantsForFriends. In particular, we will use the member name of your Facebook or Google account as the member name for your PlantsForFriends account so that it is visible to other visitors to the website and users of the app. Any Friend List we receive from Facebook will be used to show other members on your profile the number of friends you have on Facebook, thereby creating a basis of trust for transactions with you. Other information received from Facebook or Google will not be visible to anyone on the platform.
You can always unlink from your Facebook or Google account by going to “My Settings” in your PlantsForFriends account. You can also activate the link later if you have registered without a link to your Facebook or Google account.
(b) Registration without a Facebook or Google account
If you do not want to register via a Facebook or Google account, you will be asked to enter the following information on our website or app:
– Member name (mandatory data for the use of the platform)
– E-mail address (mandatory data for the use of the platform)
– Confirmation of age over 18 years
Your member name is visible to all visitors of the website and users of the app, but not the other data you provided during registration. The member name can be a pseudonym and does not have to match your real name.
2. 3 Completing your profile
After your registration you can optionally add more information about you to your profile in the “My settings” section of your PlantsForFriends account:
(a) Profile details
Under “Profile Details” you can add the following data:
– First and last name
– Profile picture
– About you
Your profile picture and the information entered in the “About you” field will be visible to other website visitors and app users, but not the rest of the information you provide.
Under “Shipping” you can enter your address as well as a country (Germany or Austria) and a location (city or district) where the item you are offering for sale is located (meeting point). The location you enter will be visible to other members, but you can choose not to show your location to other members in the “My Settings” section under “Privacy Settings”. Other members will only ever see your approximate location. The rest of the information you provide will not be visible to website visitors or app users.
We process your data that is necessary to provide shipping services. The transferred data includes:
– Last names
– E-mail address
– Phone number
– Address of the packing station
– Date and time of delivery of the parcel
– Tracking number
– Location of the package
Under “Payment” you can enter the bank details (name of the account holder and IBAN) of the account to which the buyers of the goods sold by you via the platform should make payments. To make it easier for you to communicate the bank details, you can enter your bank details under “Payment”. Otherwise, your bank details will not be visible to anyone.
2.4 Use of the platform for the settlement of trades
We store and process the data about your trading activities on the platform (e.g. item, price, time of transaction, etc.) You can view this data in your transaction overview in your account.
If you sell goods via our platform, we also collect additional data that you generate when you create offers on the platform, in particular pictures and videos of the offered goods as well as texts and other information on the description of the goods (e.g. brand, price, size, condition, colour, etc.), information on the accepted payment method, location, comments on goods, etc. This data is visible to visitors of the website and users of the app.
We may also ask you to confirm your payment authorization (i.e., bank statement, phone verification, screenshot of your PayPal account, picture of your credit card).
2.5 Communication, comments, evaluations
When using our services we also collect the following data:
– Messages that you exchange with other members via the platform.
– Posts in the forum
– Comments that you make on offers from other members.
– Submitting ratings
– Your communication with other members
Please note that for technical reasons, this content created by you will remain available after termination of your user contract, but without displaying your member name and with the indication that the content originates from a member who has been deleted in the meantime (see also section 3.3 of our terms and conditions):
2.6 Location data when using the App and certain web browsers
When you sign up with PlantsForFriends, we process the location information collected through your app or web browser (as part of your IP address). This information (country, city) is displayed in your profile. You can edit information about your city at any time.
3. for what purposes we process your data
If not already explained separately under point 2, we process your data for the following purposes.
3.1 Provision of our services
We process your data for the execution of the user contract in order to provide the services you use on our platform, in particular
– to enable you to trade goods
– for the provision of the shipping service via our partners
– to enable you to make electronic payments for goods bought and sold on the platform
– to verify your identity and other details
– to enable you to communicate with other members
– to send you messages as far as this is necessary for the provision of our services
– to provide you with an overview of your trading activities on the platform (transaction history)
– View offers from other members that match your profile (as described in Section 3.6 below)
– to show you offers from your area, which allows you to trade locally, save shipping costs or meet other members from your area (location based services)
– in order to be able to offer you our services free of technical errors, and to be able to detect and correct any errors.
– to protect you if we notice posts with suicidal tendencies (as described in Section 3.7 below)
3.2 Enforcement of legal claims, improvement of our platform, prevention and investigation of illegal activities, system security
We also process your data to protect the following legitimate interests of PlantsForFriends and/or third parties:
– Settlement of disputes, enforcement of our terms and conditions and assertion, exercise and defence of legal claims
– Analysis and evaluation of the use of our platform for continuous improvement of our products and services
– Prevention, investigation and prosecution of illegal activities, in particular fraud
– Ensuring the system security of the Platform, protection of the data we store, detection of cyber attacks or other disruptions to the integrity of the Platform
– Compliance with the applicable tax obligations
3.3 Creation of pseudonymous user profiles
PlantsForFriends uses the data collected during registration (see above under point 2.2) and the completion of your profile (see above under point 2.3), the data about your activity in the forum (see above under point 2.6), your log files (see above under point 2.1) as well as your usage data collected by means of cookies (see below under point 8) to create pseudonymized user profiles (“user profiles”).
However, PlantsForFriends will under no circumstances evaluate these user profiles without your consent in the sense that a user profile is linked to a specific person, i.e. the identity of the members remains unknown to PlantsForFriends. Furthermore, PlantsForFriends guarantees in any case under technical, personal and organizational aspects that the pseudonymized user profiles will not be merged with other personal data of the users without your consent.
PlantsForFriends creates and uses the user profiles to protect the following legitimate interests:
– We use the user profiles to analyse and understand the behaviour of our members. This understanding enables us to make improvements and/or add missing services for important and heavily used services of the platform.
– On the basis of the created user profiles, personalized advertising is presented to the members. This means that interest-based advertising will be presented based on the user profile. The presentation of the advertising will be done by integrating advertising on the Platform and – if you have given us your consent – by sending it by e-mail to the e-mail address you provided during registration or via the mailboxes within the account (notification or mailbox) of the Platform.
3.4 E-Mail Newsletter and other promotional e-mail
You are free to sign up for our newsletter and to receive other promotional emails (“promotional emails”). As part of your registration, we ask for your consent to process your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you advertising e-mails, including current information on our services and products, in particular on the goods offered on the platform, special offers and promotions. Only if you have given us your consent will we send you advertising e-mails.
With your consent, you also agree that we may personalise the content of the advertising e-mails according to your needs and interests on the basis of the user profile that may have been created about you (see section 3.3). If you have also given us your consent to place cookies and to track your user behaviour on our platform (see clause 8.2 below), this also includes the data about your use of our platform.
You can revoke your consent to receive promotional emails to the email address you have provided at any time with future effect by setting your PlantsForFriends account to block further promotional emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the promotional email. This revocation does not affect the legality of the processing that took place on the basis of the consent given until the revocation.
3.5 Account verification for security purposes
We use the data about your use of our platform, in particular to give each member a so-called “trust score” by means of an algorithm. The “trust score” indicates whether there are any signs of abusive behaviour on the platform. In such cases, we will automatically send you a message via our service provider in which we ask you to provide us with your telephone number for account verification purposes for security reasons. You will receive a code via SMS to the phone number you have entered. Only after you have entered the code into the app, you can continue to use the app; otherwise the use of the platform will be blocked. We also recommend that you protect your account by confirming your phone number. Your phone number is not visible to users of the platform and will not be used by us for any other purposes (especially not for advertising purposes).
We may also ask you to confirm your payment authorization (i.e., bank statement, phone verification, screenshot of your PayPal account, credit card image).
3.6 Personalization of the feed
In order to show you the items relevant to you, we provide you with a profile and personalize your feed based on gender, age, country, preferences, category information, brand, color, condition, price, size of items purchased and purchase history. We have a legitimate interest in personalising your feed in accordance with article 6 (1) (f) of the EU Data Protection Directive: Our platform is more convenient for our users and due to the personalization you will see offers from other members that might be of most interest to you.
3.7 Reporting mail with suicidal thoughts
In exceptional cases, if we notice posts with suicidal thoughts on our platform, we can report them to the police. In such cases, we will provide the police with your username, email address, name, IP address and recent logins, your telephone number (if verified), and the screenshot/link of the forum post or thread where the suicidal thought appears. In such cases, we will disclose the data in order to protect your vital interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (d) of the EU Data Protection Directive.
3.8 Contacting or possibilities
We may contact you via email or message in the app to offer to share your content in our social media profiles or to participate in our marketing campaigns. This is in order to increase your visibility and awareness of PlantsForFriends or to offer you earning opportunities, which is a legitimate interest in terms of Art. 6 (1) (f) of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation.
3.9. sharing your photos and other content in PlantsForFriends social media
If you allow us, we will publish your content in our social media channels. In this case we will only use your content for the stated purpose with your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 (a) of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation).
3.10 Implementation of advertising campaigns in which you are involved
If you agree to participate in our advertising campaigns, we will use your telephone number to contact you with a proposal to participate in our advertising campaign and to provide you with further details about the project. If you provide us with your address and room photos, we will use them to visit you and film the promotion. This information may be shared with our partners (advertising agencies, directors) who are responsible for implementing the advertising campaign. We collect your date of birth, nationality and information about your business certificate or business status in order to enter into and perform a contract between you and PlantsForFriends. If you give your consent, we may also use your name, age, city or history to include them in the advertising campaign. We will use the above data with your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) of the EU Data Protection Directive or to execute a contract between PlantsForFriends and you in case of a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) of the EU Data Protection Directive).
4. security on the Internet
Access to your account is protected by a password of your choice. Please make sure that nobody but you has access to this password. Please also remember to log out after using PlantsForFriends by clicking the log out button. This is especially important when using public computers. We hereby expressly point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) is subject to security vulnerabilities and cannot be completely protected against access by third parties.
5. order processing
PlantsForFriends may use external service providers to provide certain services, who perform certain data processing operations on our behalf and at our instruction (processors). PlantsForFriends selects the contractors with special care in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and observes the provisions of the written contract and other legal requirements for contract processing.
The processes carried out on our behalf include
– the provision of the technical infrastructure for the platform and the provision of storage space
– Shipping services
– Web and usage analysis services
– Account verification services
– Customer service and inquiry processing services
– Payment processing and escrow service
– Trust and security of the platform (such as fraud and harassment prevention).
Our contracted processors may have access to your personal information, but may use it only to fulfill the transferred data processing and not for any other purpose. In addition, processors are contractually bound to maintain a level of data security appropriate to the level of data security we provide. All data processed on behalf of contract processors are subject to our control. We continuously monitor compliance with our instructions, the contractual agreements with the processor and compliance with the data security level guaranteed by us.
Some of these service providers may be located in countries outside the EU/EEA which do not guarantee a level of data protection that is considered appropriate in the EU/EEA. However, we have entered into agreements with these service providers, or other guarantees, to ensure that all necessary measures are taken to protect your data in accordance with applicable requirements. We answer questions about our service providers on the platform in the Help Center. If the information available there does not completely answer your questions, you are welcome to contact us, e.g. by e-mail to dpo@PlantsForFriends.de. In any case, we offer you the opportunity to receive further information about the guarantees we implement or, if applicable, a copy of them by e-mail.
6. collection of public content by external search engines
We hereby expressly point out that your member name, your profile picture and the information “about you” in your profile (see 2.2, 2.3 above), selected language, all other content published by you, e.g. articles offered, forum contributions, comments on articles (see 2.4, 2.6 above) as well as the date of your registration and the time of your last registration are publicly viewable on the Internet and can therefore also be recorded by external search engines. We therefore strongly advise against making addresses, mobile phone numbers, email addresses or other contact data or sensitive and private information publicly available.
7. disclosure of your data to third parties
PlantsForFriends will transfer the data to other companies in wordpress. PlantsForFriends is required by law to disclose personal data and/or usage data to investigative, law enforcement, and regulatory authorities if and to the extent necessary to prevent threats to public safety and to prosecute criminal offences.
In addition, your information will only be shared with third parties if you have consented to the sharing or if you have provided the information to third parties yourself (except to third parties we have contracted to process the information, see Section 5 above).
8.1 Necessary cookies
Cookies are small text files that our platform would like to place on your computer or other Internet-enabled devices such as tablets or smartphones. If your browser settings accept cookies, your browser adds the text in a small file.
8.2 Cookie Consent
When you access our platform, we also ask for your consent to place additional cookies on your device by displaying a cookie banner and obtaining your consent. These cookies are not absolutely necessary for the functionality and performance of our platform, but they do help us to do so,
– see how many visitors visit the platform and how visitors move around the platform. This helps us to improve the functionality of our platform, e.g. by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for (Analytical / Performance Cookies);
– recognize you when you visit our platform again. This allows us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (Functional Cookies);
– to record your visit to our platform and which pages you visit and which links you have clicked on. We will use this information to better tailor our platform and the advertisements displayed to you to your interests. If you have given us your consent to send you advertising e-mails (see section 3.4), we will also use this information to send you personalised advertising e-mails. (targeting cookies).
8.3 Managing your cookie settings
You can configure your browser to refuse some or all cookies or to ask for your confirmation before accepting them. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use all of our services properly. You can find out how to adjust or change your browser settings at www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use different devices to access our platform (e.g. smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) you must ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to your cookie preferences.
8.4 Use of third party cookies
In addition, when using PlantsForFriends, cookies or web beacons from other providers may be set to collect information. This serves e.g. to measure the reach as well as the placement of context-sensitive advertising and so-called targeting campaigns. On the basis of your cookie consent we will also evaluate user profiles under a pseudonym. However, no personal identification will take place. We do not control these tracking technologies of third parties or their use.
You can prevent the storage and tracking of such third-party cookies by adjusting or modifying your browser settings accordingly.
8.5 Description of cookies
An overview of the cookies we use can be found in the description of cookies.
We are always looking for new ways to improve your experience using PlantsForFriends. That’s why we may invite you to participate in surveys and use your feedback. We will temporarily link your responses to your user ID and profile information (e.g., the number and average value of items you have bought or sold, the number and types of payment services you have purchased) and immediately anonymize this information – this means that the responses can no longer be associated with you.
10. reservation of right of modification
As we are constantly developing our services, we reserve the right to change this data protection declaration at any time in accordance with the applicable legal provisions. We will publish any changes on this page in good time. Irrespective of this, you should visit this page regularly to keep yourself informed about the current status of the data protection declaration.
11. duration of the storage of your data
– if we have knowledge of a violation of the PlantsForFriends Terms and Conditions or the conditions mentioned in point 2. 1 above are necessary for legal proceedings in connection with PlantsForFriends, we will store the personal data for a period of one year from the time we become aware of the above circumstances or for the duration of the said legal proceedings, whichever is longer – we do this for the legitimate interest of PlantsForFriends (to ensure the security of our platform) (Art. 6 (1) (f) of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation)
– in the event that you have carried out transactions via the platform, your personal data for a period of 13 months from the date of the last transaction in the legitimate interest of defending our rights and interests in the event of claims for reimbursement against us (Art. 6 (1) (f) of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation
– to the extent permitted by law, for tax reporting purposes: your full name and address, the place of departure or dispatch and destination, the time and amount of your turnover for a period of 6 years (or such other period as may be required by applicable law) from the date of relevant data collection
12. your legal rights regarding your data
In accordance with the legal provisions on data protection, you have the right at any time:
– to request information about the data processed by us and to receive a copy of this data (right to information). In addition, you can access all data you have actively communicated to us on the platform (sections 2.2 to 2.6) at any time in your PlantsForFriends account;
– to request the correction of incorrect data and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the completion of incomplete data (right to correction). In addition, you can change all data that you have actively communicated to us on the platform (Sections 2.2 to 2.6) at any time in your PlantsForFriends account yourself (with the exception of messages sent and, if applicable, forum posts and ratings);
– if there are legitimate reasons to demand the deletion of your data (right to deletion);
– to demand the restriction of the processing of your data if the legal requirements are met (right to restriction of processing);
– if the legal requirements are met, to receive the data provided by you in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transfer this data to another responsible party or, if technically feasible, to have it transferred by PlantsForFriends (right to data transferability); and
– not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, unless the legal requirements for this are met. An automated decision making process is currently not carried out by PlantsForFriends.
– to object to the processing of data – only if the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority (Article 6(1)(e) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation) or in order to safeguard legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation), including profiling, based on the same data processing grounds as explained in other sections of this privacy statement (right of objection).
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data for reasons arising from your particular situation in the cases provided for by law. If your personal data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you may in any case object to the processing for the purpose of such marketing (right of objection).
You can revoke your consent to receive our newsletter by setting your PlantsForFriends account to block further promotional emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the promotional email.
To exercise your other rights under this clause, you may contact PlantsForFriends at the contact information listed below. You also have the right to file a complaint with a regulatory agency at any time, without prejudice to any other remedies.
13. our contact details
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your data in connection with the use of the platform or to exercise your rights, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time using the following contact details:
ForFriends – digital creative agency